Learn how to clear your browser's cache on various devices
If you regularly perform or review changes to your website, it is essential for you to know how to clear your browser's cache in order to pull the latest information from your website when you load it up. If you do not clear your cache regularly, there's a chance you are loading your website without recently-made changes.
Here are instructions on how to clear your browser's cache on various browsers and devices:
- Click the 3 dots (Mac) or exclamation point (PC) in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Hover over the More Tools option then click Clear Browsing Data...
- Choose The Beginning Of Time or lesser time frame in the "Clear the Following Items From" field.
- Select Cached images and files.
- Click Clear Browsing Data.
- Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Choose Settings.
- Under Clear Browsing Data click Choose What To Clear.
- Select Cached Data and Files
- Click Clear.
- Click the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Click Preferences (Mac) or Options (PC).
- Click Privacy in the left menu bar.
- Click Clear Your Recent History.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which elements of the history to clear.
- Select Cache
- Click Clear Now.
- Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History... .
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
- Click Delete.
Safari for Mac
- Click the Safari menu, then Clear History...
- In the Clear field choose All History
- Click Clear History
Mobile Safari for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
To clear cache and cookies:
- From the home screen, Select Settings > Safari.
- At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, Select Clear Cache.
- Confirm when prompted.
- Select Menu, then More.
- Select Settings.
- Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache and then OK to accept.